Tuesday 24 February 2015

The Punisher
Dir: Jonathan Hensleigh
2004
**
The Punisher isn't all that bad but it isn't great. As an avid comic fan I have to say Punisher is one of my least favourite characters, so changes in character bothered me very little. The cast are pretty good here but ultimately wasted, it was a pleasure to see Roy Scheider as Daddy Punisher but I'm just not sure it was worth the five seconds he was in it for. The story is based on the original story of how Frank Castle became the Punisher but it is full of holes, there are hints of great ideas (Harry Heck was ace but again, only in it for 5 seconds) but there are just too many awful ideas. Why was so much time spent with his stupid neighbours? They bring nothing to the story and detract from the main character. Should have been a lot better but it could have been worse. I'm not too bothered though as I said, I was never a big fan in the first place and it was entertaining enough for a bit of silly action.

No comments:

Post a Comment