Wednesday 25 February 2015


The Upside of Anger
Dir: Mike Binder
2005
*
The only upside to this film is the twist ending that is only welcome because you end up hating the characters so much (I won't spoil the ending but I also wouldn't recommend this film). To be fair though, I thought Kevin Costner was pretty good in this and I liked his character. Joan Allen is good at what she does but what she does best is play really hateful people and sometimes (most of the time) they are not necessarily the kind of characters I enjoy. Erika Christensen, Keri Russell and Alicia Witt play hateful daughters of a hateful mother really well too because I now hate them and don't wish to see any other films that they are in. Evan Rachel Wood is forgiven and has more than made up for it since. Basically I found this film in the bargain bin and it had 'Incredibly funny' written on the sleeve. It's not 'Incredibly funny' but it does however belong in the bargain bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment