Monday 23 February 2015

Uncle Buck
Dir: John Hughes
1989
***
I'm one of the few people that didn't catch this first time round it seems, so I don't harbor any fond memories and let them effect my judgement. I do however, love John Candy and I really miss him so it was great to see him in a role I hadn't seen him in before. I guess I just didn't get it, it's a film about a likable guy, who does a nice favour but everyone dislikes him for no apparent reason. Uncle Buck is a lovely character, it's the typical 80's movie kids that make it often hard to watch. It's also not as well executed as some of Hughes's other films, it's a bit dated too, it has that 80's charm but it's not one of the classics. I did like the bit where the clown got punched though and I love John Candy so it gets a generous 3 stars from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment