Wednesday 11 February 2015

Young Guns II (AKA Young Guns II: Blaze Of Glory)
Dir: Geoff Murphy
1990
***
Young Guns II may not be 100% factual but at least I guess they don't pretend it is. In the first film they even make point that the gossips and what was written in the media at the time was sensationalist and few records kept have survived. Interesting then that they went with the story of old Brushy Bill Roberts being the real Billy the Kid, it's a great idea. I found the sequel to be better all round really, better story, better performances and some real stand-out scenes. The soundtrack is also awesome. I'm not a Bon Jovi fan but when the album came out I'd listen to very little else. James Coburn's cameo was pretty special too and that scene with Jane 'You can kiss my ass' Greathouse is positively memorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment