Tuesday 10 March 2015


A Dangerous Method
Dir: David Cronenberg
2011
****
At first I was surprised that this was a David Cronenberg film but then a film about sex and analytical psychology is actually very much a Cronenberg trend. This is an interesting piece of history beautifully told, it is an important, interesting and not particularly well known story but this will always depend on your own person level of interest in the subject. I think it's fair to say there are enough of us interested to warrant its existence and I for one appreciate it. I thought the acting was good, although I did wonder about Keira Knightley's performance, I can think of several other actresses who I think would have been more capable, but then I'm not really much of a fan but her performance here hasn't convinced me she is worthy of her praise. The script is fantastic, as are the sets and locations. I really felt like I was watching events as they would have been. Extremely impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment