Thursday 19 March 2015

Crimes and Misdemeanors
Dir: Woody Allen
1989
****
Crimes and Misdemeanors threw me a little. It's not exactly the laugh out loud comedy I'd been lead to believe it was. That's the thing with Woody Allen films though, they are comedies of sorts but just because he's associated, doesn't always mean you'll laugh! That said, the few times I tittered were due to his lines, some of them are classics, but all in all, I enjoyed the profound but simple message, even though it did at times feel like just another 80's TV film. I love 80's made for TV films though, and to be fair that isn't giving it the credit it deserves - I digress, Crimes and Misdemeanors is a great slice of late 80's/early 90's nostalgia, a great example of how comedy and tragedy go hand in hand, masterfully painted by Woody Allen, a genes in his own right. If you don't like him, you won't like it, if you do, you may like it more than most of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment