Friday 6 March 2015



Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1
Dir: David Yates
2010
***
The cynic in me can't help but think they cut the book into two films to make a bit more cash but my sister (a huge Harry Potter fan) informs me that it was necessary and to be fair, the book does book pretty thick. That said, a lot of the film is spent with the three key characters aimlessly walking through hills and countryside achieving very little. Still, for all the slow pacing and annoying teenage angst, it does get pretty dark. The opening scene was pretty shocking too, killing off one of the nicest characters of the franchise was disturbing but brilliant. It's just a shame that after such a great start it gets boring very quickly and never really recovers. It does look good though and it builds up to the last installment quite successfully. Maybe I'd like it better if, and I'm surprised no one seems to have said this before, Daniel Radcliffe could act. There, I've said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment