Friday 6 March 2015



Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
Dir: David Yates
2011
***
I thought the first half of part 2 of The Deathly Hallows was brilliant. The breaking into and then escape from the volt was fantastic, the dragon they rode on is exactly how CGI should be used, I was utterly thrilled and entertained. Then it got a little bit dull again. If I had been a big fan of the books and franchise in general I would have been bitterly disappointed, maybe it's a bad adaptation, I couldn't tell you but all the Major events that happened (the deaths) were skipped over quite unashamedly. They deserved better, especially as the book was made into two long films. I also thought the conclusion, the ending millions of fans have been anticipating for over a decade, was one of the biggest anti-climaxes of all time. The '19 years later' scene was also cringeworthingly bad but I guess that's more J.K. Rowling's fault rather than the film-makers. All in all not a bad film, The order of the Phoenix remains my favourite but the finale was fine and a good place to leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment