Friday 6 March 2015



Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Dir: David Yates 
2009
***
I really liked Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and so for me Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince had a lot to live up too. Unfortunately I don't think it did. I enjoyed it but I didn't think it was as strong and again, the story takes a couple of steps back and the 'chosen one' story and the teenage angst and public school romance stuff takes over. I can't fault the vibrancy David Yates's direction brings to the table though and I absolutely loved Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange. At this point of the franchise, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint have become impressive actors, showing skill and growing into professional contenders. Daniel Radcliffehowever, in my most humblest of opinions, shows that he has learnt very little and can't act for toffee. Maybe the role isn't one you can really get your teeth into but as perfect as he may have looked for the first film, I do wonder if they got the right boy in the end. I'm sure millions would disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment