Friday 6 March 2015



Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Dir: David Yates
2007
****
For me, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the fifth Harry Potter film of the franchise, is the strongest and is easily my favorite. The last few films have claimed to be darker and edgier but this one really delivers on that. David Yates brought something quite special to this and the rest of the films he worked on. For all the special effects and magic, his films look the best and most beautiful. I remember being impressed with the first film's visuals but the colours and compositions in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix are sublime. The story really picks up pace here as well and it is the first time I've felt genuine suspense and intrigue while watching a Harry Potter film. I even went to see it in the cinema I was that impressed by the trailers. Of all the directors to work on the films, David Yates was the most successful in my opinion. He really understood that the audience was growing up with the films and made a film for older teens rather than young kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment