Friday 6 March 2015



Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Dir: Alfonso Cuarón
2004
***
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was the first Potter film I actually enjoyed. The previous films I'd caught because my family would watch them at Christmas. I still have no desire to read the books and can't really understand why many adults do, but I started watching the films and I've generally liked them as much as I could. This, the third film of the franchise, is a little darker and reflects that the characters are getting a little more mature. Harry rebels somewhat and all the angst and hormones are flying about like they do during adolescence and this was captured successfully by new director Alfonso Cuarón, who was undoubtedly hired for this very reason, probably due to his past films A Little Princess and Y Tu Mama Tambien. The films also improved immensely with the addition of serious actors such as Gary Oldman and David Thewlis.

No comments:

Post a Comment