Tuesday 3 March 2015

Salon Kitty
Dir: Tinto Brass
1976
****
Tinto Brass has quite a reputation but I thought Salon Kitty was actually quite good. There I was expecting one of the most debauched and disturbing Nazisploitation films of all time and what I actually got was a half decent history lesson with a bit of nudity thrown in for good measure, although it is based in a brothel so to have no nudity would have been historically inaccurate (that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it). This film is usually classed as shocking and is often thrown in with Salo, Sweet Movie, Caligula etc and it's really no where near as shocking (unless you find pubic hair offensive?). It's shocking for a couple of seconds and then you see it (enjoy it even) for what it is. I thought it was directed beautifully and I really liked the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment