Wednesday 18 March 2015

Texas Killing Fields
Dir: Ami Canaan Mann
2011
***
2011's Texas Killing Fields is a pretty impressive debut from Ami Canaan Mann, a director who should be judged on her own work, rather than her fathers. Besides, if you're going down that road though you may want stop at Miami Vice. I digress, this film achieves the suitably dark and eerie mood of the true story well. I thought Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Jessica Chastain were very good in their roles, as was Stephen Graham who I was pleasantly surprised to see. Sam Worthington was good as the troubled and angry Cop but unfortunately his accent wasn't up to much and I couldn't understand much of what he said. I thought it was quite strong in general, very light on cliches and very intense in mood. Not a bad looking film either.

No comments:

Post a Comment