Monday 9 March 2015


The Expendables
Dir: Sylvester Stallone
2010
***
Considering the cast and the hype, Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables, the ultimate action film, is a little bit of a let down but as a set up for a franchise I think it has longevity. All he needs to do now is learn from his mistakes. He should hand over directional duties to someone else, turn those cameos into bigger roles and get a better script writer in (to enhance his own work) and he should be alright. As it is it's really nothing special, it's got the big names but none of the big punches. It's old-school meets new-school in mutual respect but all the problems are coming from the old-school. It could have been something wonderful, I have high hopes for the franchise but this film was a little bit shaky for me and I've been generous with my star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment