Wednesday 1 April 2015

Bride and Prejudice
Dir: Gurinder Chadha
2004
*
I'm not a huge fan of Bollywood films (I've seen quite a few, back in the late 90's they used to show them at about midnight on channel 4, I had insomnia back then and used to watch them as there was nothing else on) neither am I a big fan of Jane Austen, but I gave it a go anyway with an open mind. I didn't like it. Gurinder Chadha was a good director, Bhaji on the Beach was a brilliant British/Indian film but nowadays she seems more interested in making money by churning out soul-less crap like this. It's a complete mess. The editing is dodgy, the direction is shaky, there is next to no character development, the acting is wooden (I'm sure Martin Henderson is a cardboard cut-out) and no amount of bright colours can make up for that and for a musical the music was pretty poor too. Don't get me started on the stereotypes. Avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment