Wednesday 6 May 2015

2 Days in Paris
Dir: Julie Delpy
2007
****
Julie Delpy isn't just a pretty face. As well as being a fantastic actress she is also a brilliant writer/director. She's obviously a big Woody Allen fans as well but to give her some credit this is much better than a lot of his recent offerings. She's also a fan of film in general, a few of her obvious favourites feature or are spoken of in this film. Her best quality as far as I can see in this film though is her generosity, I'm pretty much in the middle as far as my enjoyment of this film goes, some parts I hated and some parts I loved but all the good parts she gave to others and for that, I applaud her. Adam Goldberg was good too, although he is often a hard actor to like and has been typecast a little unfairly throughout his career. Somewhere between Allen and the 'Before' series, it's good and very much Delpy's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment