Tuesday 5 May 2015

No Distance Left to Run (AKA Blur: No Distance Left to Run)
Dir: Dylan Southern, Will Lovelace
2010
***
I'm a fan of Blur and I'm interested in them as a band but I found this film interesting to a point. Blur got back together again after this film, suggesting that they do actually have more distance left to run but having seen them at Hyde park I found them to be disappointing, expensive and over-hyped. Lets just say they made a lot of money and this film helped the cause. Last time I saw them previous to that was only about 7 years before, not that big a deal I don't think, I found it all to be a bit same old, same old to be honest. Still, this film ain't bad, if anything you can have a really good laugh at how stupid Damon sounds (Although musically, he's a genius) especially when coming up with things such as; 'I never fit into the politics of the place' when referring to himself as a 10 year old boy who just moved to Essex. Graham Coxon comes of well though, in a 'I was a twat but at least I can admit it and I'm not anymore' kind of way. So yeah, it's okay but I would suggest this one is for fans only.

No comments:

Post a Comment