Monday 11 May 2015

Nowhere Boy
Dir: Sam Taylor-Johnson, Sam Taylor-Wood
2010
***
Sam Taylor-Wood's Nowhere Boy is an interesting insight into the childhood of the infamous John Lennon. It wasn't a story I was aware of, I dare say many Beatles/Lennon fans probably were but I think there is something for everyone here. You can really see how the two authoritative women in his upbringing influenced him and made him the man he was and both roles are played very well by Kristin Scott Thomas and Anne-Marie Duff. It was nice to see the moment John met Paul and George brought to life, I have no idea how accurate it is, but I enjoyed it all the same. Seeing my favourite and once local cinema, East Finchley's The Phoenix, featured was an added bonus but I wonder how much was filmed in Liverpool as I think in this case it does really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment