Thursday 28 May 2015

The Bourne Legacy
Dir: Tony Gilroy
2012
****
I seem to be going against the grain yet again with the Bourne franchise because I really liked The Bourne Legacy. I thought the way it interweaves with the final of the first three movies was brilliantly handled and I thought Jeremy Renner was much more interesting as a character than Matt Damon ever was. I haven't read the books and I can't say I'm interested in doing so but I thought this was a brave and well executed move and I now, unlike everyone else, look forward to seeing what else comes from the franchise. Eric Van Lustbader had written seven Jason Bourne books by 2012 and has written more since, the story obviously has legs and enough fans to keep it going after the death of original author Robert Ludlum and I look forward to seeing what they do next. The supporting cast were also good but I wasn't too enamored by Rachel Weisz I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment