Thursday 28 May 2015

The Bourne Ultimatum
Dir: Paul Greengrass
2007
***
The final chapter of Robert Ludlum's original Trilogy of Jason Bourne stories is probably the most exciting of the three. The climax isn't disappointing but I'm afraid it was a little predictable. Although I still think the Bourne Supremacy is the best written story, Ultimatum makes for a better action film and I can see why it is favoured among fans. Personally I thought it was overrated, much like the first film. It looked great and think Greengrass did just as good a job visually, I suppose I was disappointed mostly by the performances. Paddy Considine was a great inclusion but was only in it fleetingly, the same can be said for Gael Garcia Bernal, Daniel Bruhl and Albert Finney. I'm afriad I can't stand Julia Stiles, every scene with her in made my toes curl up. Overall a nice conclusion but is nice really what we wanted?

No comments:

Post a Comment