Monday 22 June 2015

Alex RiderOperation Stormbreaker
Dir: Geoffrey Sax
2006
*
It's sometimes hard to review a film that is meant for a much younger age group so I can only try to think like the 12 year old me and wonder if I would have liked it then. I've thought about it and have come to the conclusion that I'd hate it just as much as I do as an adult. When I was younger, I'd watch the James Bond films, I may not have understood all of them but I still enjoyed them. I didn't have to relate to James Bond, instead I aspired to be like him. I wouldn't have liked Alex RiderOperation Stormbreaker due to the unlikelihood of a child becoming a spy, James Bond going into space was fine, it was escapism and fantasy but didn't seem that stupid even when it was. I disliked this film immensely and am horrified at what is classed as a teenage heart-throb.

No comments:

Post a Comment