Monday 1 June 2015



Lockout
Dir: Stephen St. Leger, James Mather
2012
***
Putting aside some truly shocking special effects, Lockout is a perfectly acceptable action film. I quite liked it in fact, the initial interviewing scene was really well done and even though the story was familiar, I liked what they did, and the characters/performances were all good. I really like Guy Pearce as an action hero, he did a really good job of it. You do have to wonder about films that have two directors, Stephen St. Leger has worked on some great films, James Mather however has done hardly anything, I wonder if it would have been a tighter film had just one (Stephen St. Leger) had worked on it. It's hard to dislike and I do think that it has been taken far too seriously, it is a Luc Besson action production after all. It's dumb fun, lots of fun and actually not that dumb. It's safe to say it is in my top 10 favourite futuristic prison escape films anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment