Tuesday 2 June 2015


Meet Dave
Dir: Brian Robbins
2008
**
Meet Dave received quite harsh criticism when it was released in 2008 but I really don't think it was all that bad. If it was made in the 80's it would be a classic by now, you know that's true. I was expecting the worst after all the scathing reviews but I think I quite liked it. I liked the idea very much and I thought Eddie Murphy was great. The story got a little wet behind the ears which was predictable, they should have gone with something other than a love story and kept it comedy sci-fi. You'd expect better writing from someone like Rob Greenburg but you have to love the irony of Bill Corbett receiving criticism, after all those years working on Mystery Science Theater 3000. The audience should at least celebrate the fact that at no point does Murphy wear a fat suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment