Monday 22 June 2015

Shrek the Third
Dir: Chris Miller, Raman Hui
2007
*
It's the same bad writing, same lack of story, same animation, same waste of an hour and a half. It's no secret that I haven't enjoyed the Shrek films and by the third film it seems more people have started to agree with me. The idea of all the 'bad guys' from fairy-tales getting together to seek revenge is quite a good one but once again, they neglect to capitalize and instead make yet another preachy animation with cartoon characters arguing with each other. I also don't like the way it messes with classic literature, something that Disney has been doing with years but I'm not sure the kids always understand the 'spoof' elements. I read a review on a particular fruity sounding review site when the film came out by someone stating that they loved the 'introduction of Disney characters', making the film more interesting to watch. I worry about the youth of today and as innocent as films like Shrek may look, I actually think they have/will have a lot to answer for in the future. Switch off and read a book instead kids. I have no idea how I was coaxed into seeing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment