Friday 12 June 2015


The Innkeepers
Dir: Ti West
2012
**
I've been saying for years now that what a horror film needs in order to be successful (and is almost always missing from today's films) is character development, believable suspense and to remember that it's often what you don't see, rather than what you do, that is important.Ti West ticks all these boxes with flying colours but unfortunately the characters aren't very interesting and there is no pay-off at the end. It's nice to see that it isn't bogged down with CGI ghosts and annoying teenagers etc but it's still cliche heavy. I really don't get why this was so highly celebrated on its release, I've heard many people argue its case but not one has convinced me and I'm afraid I still don't see what is so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment