Monday 8 June 2015

The Princess and the Frog
Dir: John Musker, Ron Clements
2009
***
Disney's The Princess and the Frog is a re-imagining or a re-telling of E.D. Baker's The Frog Princess which was in turn a re-imagining or a re-telling of The Brothers Grimm tale; The Frog Prince, so for once, I can't really complain about another Disney version stepping on the toes of classic literature, it's actually fair game and I quite like what they've done with it. I'm sure most people young (and not so young) people think Walt Disney wrote most of the fairy tales he has made into films, so it's nice to see them bucking that trend and making it clear. There is also a level of maturity to this story then previous Disney animations, I'm generally anti-Disney (in case you hadn't guessed) but I thought this one was quite charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment