Monday 8 June 2015

The Sitter
Dir: David Gordon Green
2011
***
I'm not sure the Sitter deserved all the reviews it received upon release. It's no masterpiece but it has enough funny moments to enjoy. I think much is expected from director David Gordon Green after his first few films and Pineapple Express (which I feel is a little overrated) but I've always felt that he is pretty hit and miss, George Washington and Prince Avalanche being brilliant films and Your Highness and The Sitter being quite substandard. It's over the top and a bit silly but I think that's to its credit, I don't think it ever intended to be more than what it is and compared with the majority of comedies released around the same time it's definitely above average. I was entertained throughout. It reminded me slightly of Adventures in Babysitting, which was a silly film too, made largely for the young female market, so I guess The Sitter is the babysitting film us boys have been waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment