Wednesday 10 June 2015

Win Win
Dir: Thomas McCarthy
2011
****
I loved the Station Agent so my expectations were quite high for 2011's Win Win, Thomas McCarthy's third film as director. My expectations were met. Win Win has a great story, great script, with a great cast all putting in great performances. Paul Giamatti is a reliable actor and it was great to see Bobby Cannavale teamed up with McCarthy again, he hasn't been this good since The Station Agent but I'm not sure why as he is a very funny guy. I was entertained throughout the film but the end scene made it just that little bit extra special in my opinion. It kept it real and basically says '...and there is nothing wrong with that'. A special film, overlooked but not for long I'd imagine, history will see it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment