Thursday 11 June 2015

Wings of Desire
Dir: Wim Wenders
1987
*****
My only criticism of Wings of Desire is that it has real people playing themselves. It's a pet hate of mine but I'm really not too bothered as I love Peter Falk and I'm a big Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds & Crime and the city solution fan. I also love Berlin and so I think I was always going to love this film, although, I certainly don't always love Wim Wenders films. For me, he is either great or terrible, Wings of Desire is great though and probably my favourite of his although it is probably neck and neck with Paris, Texas. Every element of this film is sublime, the script, the imagery..I loved the way it was splashed with colour as the main character got closer to his dream of reality and feeling. This is some an awesome film and so beautifully filmed, an exploration of feeling, a journey into the soul and a love letter to love itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment