Thursday 16 July 2015



District 13: Ultimatum (AKA Banlieue 13: Ultimatum, B13-U)
Dir: Patrick Alessandrin
2009
****
I liked the original District 13 but I think the unexpected sequel; District 13: Ultimatum, is far superior. The Parkour is still there but it doesn't get in the way of the story, which I think is much stronger in this film. The idea of segregation and tribalism within the districts is very well done, interesting to see that the film is still produced by Besson but isn't written by him as it reminds me of some of his earlier films. It's very silly at times much like Taxi and many of the other Besson produced films so if you're into that style then you'll be sure to enjoy, I certainly was. Some of the stunts (particularly one with a car) were sometimes questionable but everything else was great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment