Monday 27 July 2015



Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme
Dir: Jay Oliva, Frank Paur, Dick Sebast, Patrick Archibald
2007
**
I'm unfamiliar with the Marvel character Doctor Strange and I'm afraid this 2007 animated introduction hasn't exactly stirred my enthusiasm. Whether it's DC or Marvel, I find many of their animated films to be a bit slap-dash and nothing like the comics. This origin story seems original and also fairly familiar at the same time, although the jump from ordinary guy to Superhuman is a bit quick and one of the more unconvincing in the world of superheroes (and that's saying something). I didn't think any of the voices were anything special and I found the animation to be pretty standard. A fairly forgettable cartoon really, I can only hope the live-action version does something completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment