Friday 17 July 2015

One Day
Dir: Lone Scherfig
2011
**
A tragic Love story that is a little light on Love but heavy on the tragic. This isn't real love, this is an insult to real love. I haven't read the book but my Wife has and she was mightily disappointed. She didn't love the book but she said that all that was good about it was either skipped over or ignored in the film. I can't say I'm interested. I realise the character Dexter wasn't supposed to be immediately likable but the fact that he remained hateable throughout the film right up until the end credits is down to poor acting and poor directing. None of it is believable, none of it is likable, all of it is painful. Clearly not my cup of tea but even so, it is so convoluted, utterly forgettable and no where near as clever as it thinks it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment