Thursday 16 July 2015

One DownTwo to Go
Dir: Fred Williamson
1982
***
Fred Williamson, Jim Brown, Jim Kelly & Richard Roundtree plus a special Joe Spinell cameo, makes for some bad ass cinema. As much as I like it though, Fred Williamson does seem to concentrate on people parking their cars a little too much for my liking, it's not a short film so it really doesn't need this as filler, no matter how nice the cars are (and they're not even that nice). That and the fact that some of the fight scenes do go on a little too long are my only real complaints, the rest I love. I refer to this film as an example of 'Beyond Blaxpliotation' rather than proper Blaxpliotation as the genre was pretty much over by 1982 and One DownTwo to Go really is a mixture of tribute, letting the public know they were still kicking ass and getting the classic line-up 'The Kings of Blaxpliotation' together for one last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment