Thursday 16 July 2015

Rampart
Dir: Oren Moverman
2012
***
Woody Harrelson give a brilliant performance in Oren Moverman's 2012 drama Rampart as provocative police officer facing up to the consequences of his wayward career. It is Harrelson doing what he does best and honing in on that unpredictably dangerous edge that has made him so watchable over the years. He is supported by an impressive cast, all of who throw their weight at their performances. It's filmed well and I enjoyed learning about the controversial story based on real events but there is such a huge plot-hole in the film that you can't help but ask 'Is that it?' by the end of the film. The editing is some of the worst I've ever seen, I cannot believe it was accepted by all involved that this was the best way to end the film!? There is enough here for me to recommend it, the performances are brilliant but I feel for actors like Harrelson who give it their all and get let down in the post production and that is what I feel has happened in what should have been a great (not just good) film.

No comments:

Post a Comment