Friday 4 December 2015

A Christmas Carol (AKA Disney's A Christmas Carol)
Dir: Robert Zemeckis
2009
**
I don't really care much for Zemeckis's motion capture cartoons. I don't see the point of making the cartoons look so much like the actors providing the voices either, if you want realism then make a real film, it mostly looks horrible anyway. I didn't dislike this version as much as I thought I would however, the silly action sequences do distract from the story but Zemeckis does stick to Charles Dickens words and story and the scary parts weren't dumbed down for the kids. There are far, far worse versions of Dicken's Christmas Carol out there but there are also far greater ones too. It feels far too much like an experiment, Zemeckis hasn't made an animated film since, so hopefully valuable lessons have been learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment