Wednesday 9 December 2015

The Town Christmas Forgot
Dir: John Bradshaw
2010
*
John Bradshaw's The Town Christmas Forgot is the Christmas film that quality forgot. It's about as Christmassy as being locked in a public toilet for three days but less enjoyable (I'd imagine). The acting is by far the worst I have ever, EVER seen. I have a rule that when I start watching a film, I watch it until the end, otherwise I cannot comment, or indeed, review it. This made watching The Town Christmas Forgot a special form of torture. I watched it all though, so I can justifiably state that this is one of the worst films ever made (in my humble opinion, blah blah blah). I know that made for TV Christmas films are big business these days and are often rushed, mass produced and made on tiny budgets but absolutely no effort has been made here. There are some very odd scenes in this film. An example; the daughter of the family leaves her jacket on a staircase as she embraces a new boyfriend. Both she and said boyfriend then exit stage left. She then returns for her coat around five seconds later and exits stage left once more. I've seen unnecessary filler in film before but that is ridiculous, especially in a film that probably had a million advert breaks when it was first released. When are people going to wake up and realise that Hallmark isn't a sign of quality and that it's quite the opposite?

No comments:

Post a Comment